This feature is limited to certain events.
The Elf Hunt 2020 was a special event in Welcome to Bloxburg.
As part of the 2020 Christmas update on December 10, 2020, Coeptus added the "Elf Hunt," which is a month long event omitted from the update log.
Since the Elf Hunt was omitted from the official update log, its existence was not widely known about until December 12, 2020, when the Twitter community caught on, two days after the update. At the time, only 5 elves were able to be found.
December 13, 2020 - Sixth elf located on top of the Parking Garage.
December 14, 2020 - Seventh elf located in the BFF Supermarket. (Takes Regular Cookie)
December 15, 2020 - Eighth elf located in the Town Hall.
December 16, 2020 - Ninth elf located at the end of River.
December 17, 2020 - Tenth elf located on the back of the Bloxy Acres sign near the Parking Garage. (Takes Gingerbread Cookie)
December 18, 2020 - Eleventh elf located on the left of the tunnel to the neighborhoods near Bloxy Acres.
December 19, 2020 - Twelfth elf located at the edge of the 2nd tier of the mountain.
December 20, 2020 - Thirteenth elf located inside the yellow tent of the campsite. (Takes Regular Cookie)
December 21, 2020 - Fourteenth elf located under the ramp at the Gliding Range.
December 22, 2020 - Fifteenth Elf is inside the trash can inside of Green Clean Janitor. (Takes Gingerbread Cookie)
December 23, 2020 - Sixteenth elf is located on one of the Ferris Wheel Supports
There will be no more elves spawning after the Sixteenth.
About the Event
The Elf Hunt can be initiated with the first elf, which can be found in the Observatory's parking lot, where the Miniature Coeptus is found. The event is started by feeding this elf a Holiday Cookie. Once fed, he will give you an amount of money ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 Money. After a while, the elf will disappear. This process is repeated up until the 7th elf, which takes Chocolate Chip Cookies instead and intended to, then repeating the first elf step to the 10th elf, which is intended to take Gingerbread Cookies, then repeat the first elf step to the 13th elf, which takes a Chocolate Chip Cookie and repeat the first elf step once more and feed the 15th elf which takes Gingerbread Cookies and to the last elf, repeat the first elf step, with cash prizes increasing for every 5 elves. (See trivia for prize amounts.) When you get close to an elf's location, he will appear out of nowhere and make a sparkly magic sound. This lets you know that he is nearby. Once an elf has disappeared from his location, he will leave behind a small pile of crumbs.
These elves must be fed cookies in the correct order, otherwise the next one will not appear. See the below gallery for the correct order. Alternatively, you can find several YouTube tutorials on the subject.
As Coeptus has not made any information public on the event directly, there have been several theories as to what might happen once all of the elves are found, or even when the event will stop. Some believe the event will continue until Christmas Day, while others believe there are only 13 elves in total. Nobody knows what will happen on the day the event is concluded, but some speculate a trophy or other exclusive prize will be in store. While these theories are in no way conclusive, they do offer a look at what may be possible. (Though these theories have been proven not to be true. Only the last one has not yet been proven).
- Each elf appears to only be possible to find at or after 4:00 PM PST on its release day.
- The entire event takes after the Elf on a Shelf lore, in which an elf is placed on a shelf and then hidden each night, only to be found by the household children in a new spot the next day. In the lore, the elf is said to be moving as to report back to Santa on the kids' behavior. This has led to fan theories speculating the event's conclusion may be a present of some kind, as feeding the elves may be "bribing" them to report good things back to Santa.
- When plotting out the elf's movement every night, you can see the elf is making its way closer and closer to the Santa Photo-Op. It is unknown at this time if this is the elf's final destination.
- This is the first major interactive event in Welcome to Bloxburg.
- You must be Level 3 in cooking to bake Holiday Cookies.
- The prize amount given by the elves depends on how late you find them. If you find an elf within the first day of it moving, you are given $2,500.
- If you find an elf over 24 hours after it moves, you are given $1,000.
- The total amount to be given by the elves ranges from $10,000 to $25,000 depending on when you find them. Once you get to the final elf, you get a special reward
- Most of the elves take Holiday Cookies but the 7th, 10th, 13th and 15th elves take Chocolate Chip Cookies and Gingerbread Cookies.
- Despite the fact that four of the elves take cookies other then holiday ones, every animation shows the elves eating Holiday Cookies.